Repair SLC 5/05

Not sure about Denmark and SLC5/05, but for repairs of Rockwell products, I have used Lektronix in the past, who are a Rockwell company

https://www.lektronix.com/contact

They do let you select Denmark as a country served, but their Sales/service map is too wee to accurately show the nearest centre to you - either across the water to the north, or not too far to the south....

We do repairs and no charge for evaluation, 1 year warranty and our repair prices are a fraction of others.... that said have you tried to reset them to factory default ?

Remove the battery and locate VBB and GND solder points on the other side of the card, short out the two pins for about 30 sec then give it another try

Im curious how you end up with 6 non communicating 5/05.
Iv never had 1 fail, and for a few years, I was neck deep in them. I had some older 5/03 units fail but that is it.
You must be using them in hostile territory!

I have don the reset GND-VBB. One did came up ok, until I did a download via serial, then it lost communication

Last edited:
until I did a download via serial, then it lost communication

Sounds like its just your COMM settings in the program, I would do it again and then download a blank default program... then let it run for a little to see if you can still keep your communication

Is there a surge suppressor in front of the plc power supply?
I am assuming 120 volts ac or your standard voltage for your country?

power spikes / sage / brownouts can cause this.
I made 2 trips to reset a 5/04 dur to this issue. we installed corcom surge suppressor in front of the 120 volt controls and never had this issue again.
it's now a standard requirement on all machinery controls.

james