Connected Components Workbench and Micro 810 questions

We have quite a few Click PLCs in service in various applications and have not had any trouble out of them. Most are the Ethernet capable models that do support online editing. The software is free and simple to download and install. It is not quite as good as RSLogix, but a far cry better than Directsoft.

Thanks for the info on the Ethernet capable Click. I sent several emails to them here in Oz and they have not even responded. Not impressed with the service at all!

I have found their phone tech support to be good. But they don't work Oz hours :-(
Thanks for the info on the Ethernet capable Click. I sent several emails to them here in Oz and they have not even responded. Not impressed with the service at all!

Click PLC is very basic and no online programming? Never! Will not use anything that does not have online programming these days - too hard to shut down plants to do a small change.....

It depends on the application. As already noted, the Ethernet versions do permit online editing. Making changes to the program for the basic version doesn't take long. But, if the particular application is connected such that you would need to shut the plant down, I would definitely go with an ethernet click, or more likely, upgrade to one of the Productivity series. More expensive than a click, but still a bargain for the capability.

In the applications I am using Clicks, you'd never know it on other ends of the facility if I shut down the machine for the 30 seconds or so to upload the program...