Red Lion Crimson 3.1 String List

I'm trying to achieve a fairly simple task in Crimson 3.1, but I'm missing something.

I'm creating an email list by combining 10 string tags seperated by a semicolon.
I have ten tags: "email_1" - "email_10". I'm then moving those values into an internal tag, "email_list".

I want "email_list" to be populated using complex code. I've tried the following syntax in a separate tag ("Email_code") to no avail:

email_list := email_1 + ";" + email_2 + ";" + email_3. . .

Using this method "email_list" is never reflecting the data properly (or at all).

However, if I instead use a General data source for "email_list" using the exact same syntax as above for the source and delete the tag "email_code" entirely, the data reads properly.

How can I format "Email_code" to write the values into "email_list"?

Your syntax is correct; I'm guessing it's just not being executed. Create a string tag called "email_list", set the data source to General and put your code in it:
email_1 + ";" + email_2 + ";" + email_3. . .

If, for example, your code was too complicated to be in a single line like this, you could use the "Complex" option. In that case your code would have to end with a "return" statement to store the result into the tag. So,

Code:
cstring emailvar;
emailvar := email_1 + ";" + email_2 + ";" + email_3;
return emailvar;
This would store the result into "email_list" (or whatever the tag containing the Complex code was called).

Make sure the size of your email_list tag is adequate to hold a large string. I have done what you're doing successfully, and set my cstring tag to retentive and 200 characters so the operator can select and edit up to 10 email addresses.

To get the hmi mail manager to use that tag, open the address book and make up a name for the contact and drag and drop your email_list tag to the address field.

Last edited: