Micro 1500 Problem

lcanada

Hello all,

Sorry if this has been discussed previously. I tried searching and found similar problems, but none of them matched our problem. We are currently trying to edit a program in an older machine at our facility. This machine has a ML 1500. I can run RSLinx and it goes through autoconfiguration with no issues. I can look at the diagnostics and am sending and receiving packets. When I try to go online it goes through the upload process, shows the status bar about reading executables and io etc. When the process finishes it never asks me if I want to go online and a program does not show up. I am positive that it is something stupid but need your assistance.

Thanks

Not sure this will help you but the program in the PLC may have security protection enabled (a setting that the programmer can set to protect intellectual property) which will prevent you from being able to do anything with the program on your laptop. With more recent versions of RSLogix 500 (at least the ones I have used) there should be a window that pops up telling you that access is restricted or something along those lines. As I recall, (please bear in mind it has been a few years) with more recent versions of RSLogix, if this setting is enabled in the PLC program, it will let you look at the logic while online but will not let you upload it or do anything else. But with an old version, maybe things are different. In RsLogix, in the left pane, if you double click Controller Properties and select the Compiler tab, there should be a check box for "Allow Future Access" ...this is the security setting.....but this setting applies to the program currently open in RSLogix so this probably won't help you.

There are no error messages. I forgot to mention this in my original post but something happened to our software license for RSLogix 500. Right now we are using it on a trial period until we get the license issue fixed. Could the license issue be causing the problem?

What versions are you running of:
Windows?
RSLogix 500?
RSLinx?

If you're using a USB to serial adapter, what make/model is it?

Do you have a copy of the program that it is supposed to be running? It might be helpful to look at it to see if there is something unusual in the settings or logic.

I have seen long delays right at the end of uploading serially from a very busy micrologix. I have seen it take up to at least a minute to finally open, and sometimes I have seen it error if there was some incompatibility with software versus hardware revisions.

I seem to recall one very busy micrologix refusing to complete the upload while it was in run mode. When it would fail, I (eventually) did get an error on the laptop, so not necessarily the same symptoms as yours. Switching it to program mode finally allowed me to get it uploaded.