Flip flop not working?

I will leave that post up as a lesson to myself.

I found the issue and fixed it, there was nothing wrong with the flip flop, there was a mov instruction about 20 rungs below that was setting B3:3/4.

Isn't there a proverb about not seeing forest through the trees?

Is B3:3/4 used anywhere else in the program?

Especially, does it have any other (U) coils?

EDIT: lol, yep, that'l do it...

B3:3 was used in MOV instruction. I had searched for B3:3/4 with no hits (beyond mine), but I did not search for B3:3. Lesson learned.

I like the code you wrote.
In the interest of learning, if you ever wanted to do a flip flop at a word level, this works pretty good. The nice thing about this one is that you can "flip/flop" multiple bits independently I.E. if you toggle bit "B9:0.0", bit "B9:1.0" will react. If you toggle bit "B9:0.4", bit "B9:1.4" will react and so on.

WORD_Level_flipflop.jpg

I like the code you wrote.
In the interest of learning, if you ever wanted to do a flip flop at a word level, this works pretty good. The nice thing about this one is that you can "flip/flop" multiple bits independently I.E. if you toggle bit "B9:0.0", bit "B9:1.0" will react. If you toggle bit "B9:0.4", bit "B9:1.4" will react and so on.

WORD_Level_flipflop.jpg

That's fancy and interesting. Thanks!

Mark on yours wouldn't the counter value be retentive? So you would need to be sure that whatever is happening with T4:0/DN is ok to start by itself after a reboot if it was on when plc went down.