Recycling exhausted air from solenoids bank

Sure, as long as you maintain a much lower pressure in the receiver than in the system.
Otherwise, the exhaust will have "no where to go", and not allow it to exhaust.

Even if the exhaust does have somewhere to go, a restriction on the exhaust will be like a flow control valve and possibly slow down the cylinder/motor/[other]

Usually exhaust piping is larger than the pressurized pipe and open to the atmosphere. If it is just you don't want the sound of it coming out of the valve plumb in a "chimney" pipe with a large muffler on top.

The only place it could be returned to without any problem is the air compressor inlet, but that would not be cost effective as the pipe would cost a lot more than the free air.

Would this be to save energy? Not sure anything is saved if you have to expand the air to atmosphere and then return it to the compressor inlet.

Doing anything with the return air wouldn't save any energy. The only thing I could think of is he is trying to not pressurize the room the air is exhausted into or have an air flow from that area out.

Maybe a clean room?

Thanks for the replies gents.
Basically what I would like to do is to reuse the air that gets exhausted from my solenoid banks.

If you want to reuse it to power something, as a triple piston steam motor does, the accumulated air after the exhaust would create a flow restriction for whatever is controlled by the first valve.

I would just release it to the atmosphere, air is free.

Compressed air ain't free
It's no longer compressed when leaving the exhaust ports of solenoid valves. The air is free, the compression of it is what is expensive. As stated above, if you attempt to recover pressurized exhaust you will create a restriction of it leaving the valve assemblies and the devices from which they're ported. This will negatively affect the process.

Perhaps, there is a different problem that caused you to want to do this.

Does the valve seem to always exhaust air and you are seeing it as waste?
Maybe a different valve configuration is needed.

Simply plumbing the exhaust air back into the air compressor or a receiver tank is not a viable practice.

We are just trying to save you a lot of time and money.

Look at it this way, you already live inside a receiver tank. The world is your receiver tank.
The air you exhaust back into said receiver tank will be used again. For everyone to use.
How dare you bottle it all up like it is yours because you once compressed it? ;)

It's not putting the air back into a receiver, but a regenerative circuit will use much less air when extending a cylinder with a sacrifice of the force capability. It will also make the cylinder move much faster.

A regenerative circuit takes the exhaust air from the rod end of a cylinder and routes it into the blind end. The result is a force equivalent to a cylinder with a diameter of the rod. You can think of it as using a very small cylinder when extending, therefore using less air.