Recommend Modbus and HART cable

cncsparky

I have a task to connect devices to a Control Logix PLC. First time working Modbus and HART from scratch.

Like to know if I can use the same cable for both the Modbus RTU and HART devices? Looking at Belden 3106A.

Siemens MultiRanger 100 level control. Modbus RTU 2wire multidrop. Eight devices, about 150M from end to end.

Foxboro 875 PH meters. HART 2wire single drop. Max 50M from each device to PLC.

Can I use the same cable for both, or does anyone have a recommendation?

Thanks!

I have a task to connect devices to a Control Logix PLC. First time working Modbus and HART from scratch.

Like to know if I can use the same cable for both the Modbus RTU and HART devices? Looking at Belden 3106A.

Siemens MultiRanger 100 level control. Modbus RTU 2wire multidrop. Eight devices, about 150M from end to end.

Foxboro 875 PH meters. HART 2wire single drop. Max 50M from each device to PLC.

Can I use the same cable for both, or does anyone have a recommendation?

Thanks!
I'd agree that the Belden 3106 is an excellent choice. Correct impedance, with a good jacket for tray application.

Near perfect for RS-485:
- third wire for signal ground
- 120 ohm impedance, easy to terminate with common 120 ohm resistors
- super shielding - braid and foil

The shielding and twisted pair will work perfectly for 4-20mA or the transducer-Multiranger connection.

I agree, an excellent choice.