Help with function block

cncsparky

CLX L72 v24

I built my first ever function block routine, a totalizer that was requested by our engineering group. With help from this forum, the totalizer is working great!

Next step is to get Ignition to gather the totals to a database once per day.

My thought was to get Ignition to reset the totalizer, then read the old total. Reading the total is not a problem. What is the best way to reset the totalizer?

Ignition could set the totalizer reset bit, how do I get the reset back to zero (0) once the current total is moved to the old total tag?

In ladder, I'd use a condition to (U) the bit. What is the FBD equivalent of an unlatch? Or is there a better way?

If it were me, I would make MyArray[32] and shift the data into this by the PLC, your pointer is based on day of the month, there is a months worth of data as a nice buffer.

I don't know Ignition, but say it's set to log at 00:00 everyday, I would have Ignition set a bit when the log is done, when set, then use the PLC to shift the current total to the array and then reset the totaliser.

If you don't get the logged bit by say, 00:02, then have the PLC do it anyway, you can also set an alarm that the log hasn't logged. You then have a nice buffer in the PLC should the log fail and nobody noticed for a few days and an alarm if the log has failed anyway.