Using Lookout and Automation Direct plc's

Rmiller

I am using Lookout as the HMI and have an Automation Direct 260 plc setup as a master with 250's and 06's as slaves.
The slaves are communicating to the master by radio/Modem using modbus.

I have setup one rung in each slave that move's the inputs, outputs and analog points into sequential memory locations (V1400 thru V1407).

Then when the master reads the slave it can load 7 words at one time and put them into organized blocks of data in the master to be read by the HMI.

This seemed to work fine with modbus drivers in the HMI until I purchased and installed the Driver from Automation Direct. Now I can't seem to tag the individual bits in the HMI using a path such as V1400.1 that is equal to X1, or V1402.3 that should be equal to Y2.

It appears that the driver will not allow using individual bits out of a 16 bit v-memory location, has anyone had any experience with this?

Bit of word

I would assume that using ADC's driver for NI Lookout would be the same as using Lookout Direct.
In Lookout Direct, to access a bit of word, you place a colon after the v-memory location and then the bit number. For example: DL1.V1400:0 gives you the first bit of word V1400. Hopefully this will work for your setup.

There is an undocumented function in Lookout. getbit(DL1.VC0,10) will return the tenth bit of VC0.

After my post I went into Lookout to make sure my suggestion was correct, it's been a while since using getbit. It does work, but there is another way of pulling bits out of a word. DL1.V2000:9 will return the tenth bit out of V2000. getbit references bits 1-16 while the latter method references bits 0-15.