Wincc Flex 2008 Adv Alarm view

JOLTRON

Lifetime Supporting Member
Has anyone seen an issue like this before?

I have an project I upgraded from 2005 to 2008. The alarm view was previously working. After the upgrade the everything is still on the page but the alarm view is missing. This is on a PC runtime. But if I run the runtime on the PC that I setup the project with it is there.

I just updated to the latest SP/HF. That didn't help. Siemens tech support says that it should be working.

I'm kinda stuck, Any advice is appreciated.

-Joel

If that was the issue I wouldn't think I would be able to see it on my computer with the ES software.

I moved that layer to the front but don't see a way to enable/disable a layer.

You can enable/disable layers to view while using the ES software.
It can be annoying to have alarm views and other objects from the template display in every other screen when you edit them. That is what the layer enabling/disabling dialog is for. IF you dont see this dialog, then try to select "Layers" under "view" .. "Toolbars".

All the layers will display at runtime.

Ok. All layers were enabled.

Alarm view is still viewable on configuration pc. Just not runtime pc.
All other enhanced objects I've tried work.

Are there any dll's or ocx's that alarm view uses that may not have been installed?

I thought you meant the othe way around. That the alarm view was viewable in RT but not ES.

I am guessing that you mean an Alarm Window, and not an Alarm View.
An Alarm View display always, unless there is visibility animation (so you may want to check that).
An Alarm Window displays only when there are unacknowledeged alarms.

If it is an Alarm Window, then it could be that the alarm monitoring has been screwed up so that it does not detect unacknowledged alarms.
Check your alarms groups.
Check the alarm tags.
Check the individual discrete alarms.
Check what is setup to display in the alarm view.
Check that Mode .. Modal is set.
And .. run a Rebuild All !

I thought you meant the othe way around. That the alarm view was viewable in RT but not ES.
Correct, it is not showing up in RT

I am guessing that you mean an Alarm Window, and not an Alarm View.
An Alarm View display always, unless there is visibility animation (so you may want to check that).
An Alarm Window displays only when there are unacknowledeged alarms.

I do mean Alarm View. That's why this issue is so weird to me.
In the layout section you can choose 3 choices. (Extended, Line, Simple) The only one that is ever visible is the simple.

Visibility is not enabled, and have tried enabling it with always on and always off bits but never shows.

Have tried rebuild. Have tried running repair on ES and RT.

Maybe an issue with upgrading Runtime from 2005 to 2008?
I'm so confused.

Maybe this will clear some stuff up.
There is an image from a print screen done on my ES computer running as runtime.

Directly after that I downloaded that file to the RT pc. and took a picture of the same screen and the alarm view is missing.

Nothing changes except the PC???

ES alarm view.jpg RT missing alarm view.jpg

can it be just the screen resolution or size of the alarm view ? try to resize it smaller just for fun

when a device is just 1 pixel out of view, it become invisible

Shrunk it to a quarter of the size and still nothing.

Really weird that it shows up if in simple mode but not in extended

I think that Jeff could have been onto something.
On the screenshot that works, the edge of the view seems very close to the limit.
But since you have shrunk the view I dont know ; and the view is in the center ?

I had something similar happen to me, i deleted the imported Alarm screen and then created a new one after a 'Rebuild all/delete temp files' then i was good to go, quirky software this WinCC unflexible!

EDIT: You could try a new 'test' screen and create an alarm window before trying the above

Also is the single line alarm banner working?

Last edited:
Yeppers she was centered in the screen.

I think I'm running out of options.

Single line isn't working.

Simple version will work.

Have tried creating new alarm views.

Have tried creating a new screen with an alarm view.

I'd create a new stripped out project, create a screen with a new alarm view - then import your alarms from your actual project and see if that works.