Simple shift register.

jonton

Eric Nelson gave an example of how to make your own 4 position shift register using a few markers, but no matter what I type in SEARCH, I come up blank. Maybe I've used a wrong term. Anybody guess what I'm on about? I want to load 4 hoppers in the order that they registered empty. Thanks heaps. Jon T

the first thing we need to know is what plc you are using.

from what I gather, you have 4 hoppers, 1,2,3,4.
when a hopper gets empty, you want to refill it, in what ever order they are emptied.

Perhaps you mean, fifo - first in, first out.

we still need to know what plc you are using.
regards,
james

Thanks for replies. Yes exactly,FIFO sounds right James. I'm just using an SR3 Zelio smart relay, which is around my IQ level. Wish I had more time to play with this stuff. Its running with 2 hoppers and a self cleaning cycle for dust every 1/2 hour at present and client is happy. But advises me of expansion plan.