Setting up an analog input

Klincker

So i'm trying to set up an analog input on my SLC 500. I have gone to the card and set up the input channel I am using for channel 0. Set it up for 0-10 vdc and I have verified the channel light is blinking and when voltage is applied it stays solid. My deal is I am kindof stumped as far as where to go from here. right now I have the XIC first pass S1:15 going to the COP instruction. The COP instruction source is #N12:0 and the destination is #O:5:0. From this point can I go online and see the raw data somewhere? Or do I need to make an SCP to see it? Any help is appreciated!!

if you can see the raw data and it changes with the input voltage, that's good.
question for you, what does the raw data mean?
what units are they in? volts, amps, inches, millimeters?
you need to use the scp instruction to scale the raw data into meaningful units that you can understand.

a raw data of 0 could mean 0 inches.
raw data of 32767 could mean 10 inches.
you can use integers or floating point registers to get your scaled data.

what is O:5:0 used for? this is an analog input?

hope this helps,
james

Last edited:
Look at the input file on the left of the screen. Verify which input changes with your voltage variations.
Do a MOV from I:x. x where x is the card# and word. (Ex. I:2.0) You should see the data move to wherever your MOV destination is.

Thanks for the response! Jaden this is what I was missing. now I'm able to fire my outputs with the analog signal. I will just need to work on scaling and the different data types now. Thanks very much!!

Your SLC should support the SCP (SCale with Parameters) function. You tell it where to get the raw data, what the minimum raw data input is, what the maximum raw data input is, what the min and max scaled data should be and where to put it. It works great for taking analog inputs and making them fit the applications needs.