PanelView Plus Screensaver

An awesome coworker made a USB powered Arduino send a ‘left shift’ when an input (the red jumper) is made. It tested fine waking a PV+1000. I plan to add this with a smaller Nano board and a relay to a pending project. The PLC with plenty extra outputs is in the panel behind the HMI so installing won’t be much trouble.

0706C326-69E5-4AD4-B9B1-5CDD674070ED.jpeg

On one PanelView project I applied a global variable to brightness. The PLC set it to 100% on System Start and 5% 15 seconds after System Stop. We didn't disable the screen saver because alarms appeared on the operator's PC but not on the HMI.

Thanks a lot guys! I just ended up using the current page for setting brightness. If it's on the dummy screensaver page, intensity = 5%. If it's on any other page, intensity = 100%.

We'll see how they like that for now.