Beckoff PLCs - FAST INPUT MODULE EL1202 | 2-channel digital input terminal 24 V DC, T

naturephoenix

[FONT=&quot]What's purpose of the FAST INPUT MODULE EL1202 | 2-channel digital input terminal 24 V DC, TON/TOFF 1 µs [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If the maximum PLC Cycle is 50 µs and there is no option hardware interrupt.[/FONT]

Even if you tweek your plc-cycle-time down to 50 µs then there is the problem of the input-filter.

If you use a normal input-moduel there is a filter of 3 ms:

link

The EL1202 does not give you that problem.

With this input module you have a response time around 100 us which is quite fast in industrial application. Most of the application don't need this fast response time.By the way, as @ivo.maenen said, ordinary input modules have a delay around 3 ms but with EL1202 the delay is lower than 1 us.