Clearscada & ScadaPack

Alan Case

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi.
Long time since I have been here. Officially retired at the end of June however I have 1 job left to finish before the full retirements starts.
I managed to get through my working career without using a Schneider PLC until this job with a few ScadaPacks.
I have ClearScada writing to setpoints (Floats) in a ScadaPack which is then reported back to the ClearScada as an unsolicited update.
I am unclear on what object type to use in the ScadaPack and also ClearScada for these values. Defining the points as analog inputs or outputs both seem to work. I think I am supposed to make the ScadaPack object type a
G40v3 Eng Float AO but a G30v5 Eng Float AI also seems to work.

I am also writing some dint setpoints to the ScadaPack and would appreciate the correct object type for these.
Regards Alan