Cognex Camera , ControlLogix , and 3D Image on HMI ?

Rob S.

I was in a brainstorm session last week and we were discussing using maybe 2 Cognex cameras to come up with a 3D image. Using a ControlLogix PLC I can capture all the measurements the camera is seeing . I was wondering if their is a HMI or other software (most likely ) that I can interface with the ControlLogix PLC to draw ,in in fairly good detail, the image that the cameras are seeing. I am on a limited budget.

Thanks in advance, Have a great week.

"A limited budget" could be a very relative term when talking about ControlLogix and 2 Cognex cameras.

Anyway, Pro-face 3000/4000 touchscreens series do communicate with ControlLogix PLCs and do have a driver for Cognex which can display an image. Don't really know much about the limitations so it would be better for you to contact someone at Pro-face America to discuss. A 12" Pro-face unit will cost around about $3000.

PS I understand you are not looking at a PC-based solution?

PC Based would be fine. Any ideas with that. Maybe a Autocad type software that would interface with ControlLogix ?