Factory Talk Restore Runtime problems?

Chemman

I have seen a little of this discussed but wanted to relate my specific problems. I am using Factory Talk View Studio Machine Edition running on Vista to restore a runtime project. Every time I run Application Manager on the .mer file I get the message:

Please check that:

there is sufficient disk space
the application is not open elsewhere
the destination application does not already exist

I even went so far as to get a new disk, format, install XP and FT. I still received the same message. Only 1 single .mer file is giving me the problems, I can restore other .mer files fine. If I watch closely it gets past all the graphics and errors on PM tuning restoration. I have been able to restore much of the application by powering off the computer just as the error occurs. Apparently when it gets an error FT deletes the directory structure it is restoring.

Any idea how I can properly restore the .mer?

Thanks in advance.

FactoryTalk View Studio and Runtimes version 5.10 is the upcoming version that will support Windows Vista Ultimate SP1. If you try a current 5.0 installation, you're just spinning your wheels.

Are you certain that this *.MER file was created in FTView Studio 5.0 ? The *.MER runtime feature will not work on runtimes that were not created to be restored using the Application Manager.

Have you run the *.MER past RA Tech Support to see if they can restore it ? There's an RA office in Golden, CO who has some smart fellows (ask for Mike Brimmer) who could give it a shot.

Last edited:
We had the same issue until I found out the .mer file was corrupt. We were using AssetCentre to compare and backup if different. When it saw a difference, it would create a backup the system and upgrade the revision. But the uploaded .mer file was only 1k big, thus corrupt. We could manualy upload it using FT Studio and everything was fine. We are also using XP not Vista.