TIA Portal V12, Datablocks in SCL + Symbol Info

Tony G

Hi All,

Just a quick question to see if anybody has found a work around for the symbolic / numbering of datablocks in SCL in TIA Portal V12 ?

I'm generating SCL code on the fly, to create datablocks, but I can only either give them....
Symbolic name + Automatic DB numbering(When Compiled)
Or
Defined DB numbering + No symbolic name(Unless Manually Typed in for each Datablock)

In Step7 V5.5, I would normally..
1.)Generate the Datablocks from SCL Source file (Fixed DB Num)
2.)Automaticaly generate the symbols for the datablocks
3.)Import the new datablock symbols into the symbol table.

Is there anyway of exporting the symbol table in TIA V12 ?
Thanks for any help in advance

Tony 🍻

Similar Topics

Hi All, I am just learning to use Siemens TIA portal V12 (and PLCs) and having difficulty with the IP addresses when connecting from HMI and PLC...
Replies
Views
While opening a saved HMI project (zap12) , i am getting a msg from TIA as , YOU CANNOT WORK FULLY WITH 'PROJECT' BECAUSE NECESSARY PRODUCTS ARE...
Replies
Views
I'm setting up a project with a 315-2DP CPU and KTP600 Basic Color PN. I have a 343-1 Profinet card in slot 4 for comms. I have lots of Siemens...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, I'm very new to this Siemens Tia portal, i would like to ask if u guys came across with a complete PDF user manuals which helps new...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, i'm new here and a fresh graduate from Mechatronic Engineering background, currently working as software engineer. In this project I...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom