Is my embedded analog input broken?

turner15429

I'm having issues collecting a readout from my analog input. The signal is 4-20 and it is coming from a signal conditioner that conditions a load cell input. I have a tag that has the alias Local:2:I.Ch2Data(C) that gets scaled with SCP. when I enable the input and monitor it it slowly goes up. If I disable and re-enable it goes slightly down and begins counting up again. I have my dc+ connected to I 2+ and dc- to V/I in 2- My analog outputs are working great. any feedback is appreciated!

I'm having issues collecting a readout from my analog input. The signal is 4-20 and it is coming from a signal conditioner that conditions a load cell input. I have a tag that has the alias Local:2:I.Ch2Data(C) that gets scaled with SCP. when I enable the input and monitor it it slowly goes up. If I disable and re-enable it goes slightly down and begins counting up again. I have my dc+ connected to I 2+ and dc- to V/I in 2- My analog outputs are working great. any feedback is appreciated!

The analog input has an internal 249 ohm resistor (assuming a rockwell plc) so 4 ma = 1V across the terminals, 20 ma = 5V across the terminals. So you can check whether the signal into your analog channel is working or is somehow gradually counting up.