Little help please

CraigJ

Hi all, looking for some assistance in how to write a small prog using CCW. I have a signal which pulses approximately every 1.5s for about 0.2s and i want it to switch on and latch an output with every other pulse. Any help would be appreciated.

Craig

If you don't need any timing of the output (just on every other time) then here is a simple way. I have not tested, but it may help get the upstairs thinking about different ways to solve a problem.(It is in CCW)

Sample.jpg

Worked for me :( Every odd pulse latches and every even pulse unlatches. It's important with the Edge-trigger. Can you post what you did?

Thanks, that works great. It was an up counter i was trying to use before i came begging here but was struggling with the reset. Thanks again.

if Pulse and not Pulse_old and not Output then
Output:= true;

elsif Pulse and not Pulse_old and Output then
Output := false;
end_if;

Pulse_old := Pulse;

Also works :)