How to Build a Free HMI for AB

Mind providing a link?

Any chance anyone is implementing their open source driver as an OPC server?

Jason Valenzuela said:
I've already started my own little such project. V1.0 is available already on Sourceforge, I'm almost done with v1.1 which has support for floating point, strings, timers, counters, control, etc. I've written code for PLC logical addressing methods and am currently testing it.

Thanks for the offer. I'd like to take it up, however I'm not sure if your software license would allow inclusion into my project, which is GPL. As far as making $$ of it, GPL does allow folks to sell it, as long as they in turn make the source code freely available.

Search libpccc at sf.net.

As far as OPC, IIRC OPC relies on some Windows OLE or something of that sort. I don't know if an open source equivalent exists. At any rate an OPC server would be a much higher software layer. Currently my library is geared as a straight implementation of the PCCC and DF1 protocols to be used as one sees fit. I guess it could be used in an open source OPC software package, but it wouldn't require the use of OPC/OLE in the API.