Please help me programming with Mitsubishi Melsoft GX Developer

Hi Burt, l am in Tasmania and copy write is something China doesn't believe in, i.e Not stealing your personal or equipment design.
So what are the silver things??
Regards
Kevin
nearly bed time 3.20 am, ah just 1 more drink, was that 1 more drink, or was that just 1 more smoke, go the Gaunter (or how ever you spell him at this time, ha, ha).

!!
Hi dcooper33 (l can see you are there,(moderator)), how about you give Burt his wish and remove this post (i have sort of enjoyed it). It doesn't serve anyone or more importantly not - the forum.
!!

Last edited:
By silver things I assume you are talking about the plugs on the valve block sides, those are stainless parts I machined to be able to adjust the travel of the valve piston to lower the speed of the piston and induce less stress on the hydraulics.

I haven't stolen any design, just built the thing from scratch, plus the machine is not intended for selling or making profit if you want to make the same one feel free but as Mr Ronnie stated I can't do things right so don't copy me or you may be injured.

dFXJKuC.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Burt, no l was talking about silver things on the back panes of the enclosures (bits screwed to the panels). As you could imagine at less than 100 IQ and struggling to speak more than mono symbols(yeah l know that's not the word), let alone write, in my only lanauge (Kiwi) and even with out 12 hrs drinking l can't seem to understand, why's that, l don't know?????? mybe another drink, or Smoke Gaunter

Regards KD

That is no mitsubishi plc I know of. (What is the model No)
That is not a safety relay, it is a contactor.
Try googling pilz for safety relays.

Last edited:
Hi Burt, no l was talking about silver things on the back panes of the enclosures (bits screwed to the panels).

Oh sorry, those are 12v power supplies for the controllers of the stepper motors.

As you could imagine at less than 100 IQ and struggling to speak more than mono symbols(yeah l know that's not the word), let alone write, in my only lanauge (Kiwi) and even with out 12 hrs drinking l can't seem to understand, why's that, l don't know?????? mybe another drink, or Smoke Gaunter

Regards KD
Ah come on stop picking this IQ thing it's irrevelant, that wasn't very smart of me talking about it in the first place as people may get offended.
What are you drinking by the way?

@Ronnie, I looked up for the safety relays, didn't knew about them seems like a nice component, thanks for the info.

Oh sorry, those are 12v power supplies for the controllers of the stepper motors.

Ah come on stop picking this IQ thing it's irrevelant, that wasn't very smart of me talking about it in the first place as people may get offended.
What are you drinking by the way?

@Ronnie, I looked up for the safety relays, didn't knew about them seems like a nice component, thanks for the info.
I think you need to understand machine safety.
Tasmania is not an island to the south of australia.
It is part of australia.
You build a machine you take on the legal safety requirements.
The panel is miles too small for adequate cooling.
What are your qualifications.

I won't remove the post. I will see what Phil does

EStop at what category at the moment it fails cat 1
Safety relays not positive guided
Can be manually pressed in. - fail.
Hydraulics what is your risk analysis.
Might need monitored valves.
Cat 1. Is unlikely. Cat 2-3 maybe.
cat 4. I hope not for your sake.

Rather than guess and say
"it works". What happens when it breaks down
good luck for your future.
it needs a lot of work.

What is green wiring doing in that panel.
it is illegal in australia.
hire an electrician you penny thief.

Your panel is dangerously wired.
i know it was a trial. But you connectef this to supply.
it is not legally earthed (grounded).
ill look at your other panel now.

Burtgummer ,
The reason I did not comment on your program is that , should someone be injured , lawyers will sue and the more people they sue , the more they can earn . Any help I , or others give , could be considered as aiding the design of an unsafe machine . Please consider that , in the event of an accident not only you , but your father as owner might well be prosecuted .
As soon as you alter a machine or the control system the cuurent safety regulations apply and a simple E-stop even with a laser perimeter guard would not be considered safe. Pete.S in post #21 covers this .
Comparing an automatic press machine to driving a car is not valid - the car manufacturer spends a great deal of money and testing to prove the car is safe before it is offered for sale . By changing the controls you become the manufacturer of this equipment . Since you appear to be unaware of the regulations for machine safety , I strongly recommend you consult with a machine safety engineer . He or she will advise what is required for the safety of this machine and generate the legal documents required before this machine is used .
On the topic of rung comments , not only do they help others understand your program , but they remind you what you did in a few years time - I promise you - you will have forgotten the details by then .
Finally , well done in producing a working program and I am pleased that you have at least tried to test what can go wrong , remember Murphy's law or its equivalent in your country - " If it can go wrong it will " .
Paul

Forget laywers.
in Australia, breaching Aus. safety standards will ensure heavy fines and or jail.

By the way
A PLC. Is not a safety device.

I am voting for this topic to remain active. There seems to be a slight shift of attitude, and I think there is a lot of valuable information here.

Back on topic. I would draw out the schematics first, once that is satisfactory, then start on PLC and building cabinet.

I saw his program and read it was for a hydraulic compactor.
I did not want to be involved with putting that right when I heard his safety claims.
But his story does not add up at all and I have suspicions it might be a wind up.
There is no mitsubishi plc in that panel. (And that is the brand of program he was writing)
He said he used interface relays for the valves...once again, none in that panel.
Where are the controls for the motor?
Either that is not the panel or he is lying.