Ethernet network noise tester

Stuwertz

Hi all

Could any one suggest which type of network tester we can able to measure noise disturbing the Ethernet network signal . I faced when we route through Ethernet cable along with power cable 1734 aent module getting error. so that I will avoid unnecessary down to the equipment.

Doesn't directly address your question, but:

1) Data signals should intersect power lines at 90 degree angles, parallel right next to each other is bad. I think I've seen guidelines that if parallel is required, have spacing of at least 30cm.

2) Make sure you're using shielded ethernet cables, and make sure the shield is grounded at both ends.

Interests me as well.

I would like to know if there is something that can test noise, signal wave form, grounding WITHOUT having to disconnect the cable. Similar to a Profitrace for Profibus.

I know, due to the way Ethernet cabling is I would have to unplug the cable to insert a tester, but when that is done I could then leave it on and let it do the analyzing while the system is running. Again, just like Profitrace for Profibus.