Do you know of any High Temperature Logging 600 Degrees F

Good Afternoon ,

Would you folks know of any High Temperature logging systems that
would record , and handle up to 600 - 700 Degrees Fahrenheit ? MicroDaq , Onset , etc. would not handle the temperature .

Thanks so much in advance ,

I can't imagine anything with electronics handling that. You can probably do it with the sensor mounted in that environment but the brains somewhere safer.

How long does it need to be exposed to that temperature? Is it 5 minutes or 5 hours?

There are some specialty devices out on the market that might be able to take some brief exposure (<10 mins) but anything longer will probably end up being custom.

Electronics will never withstand that temperature.
The temperature probes would have to go through perforations and the electronics should be located outside.

I have used many times flexible metal temperature probes to record temperatures through holes, like these:

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/thermocouples/2194416/

F2194416-01.jpg

Last edited:
Electronics will never withstand that temperature.
The temperature probes would have to go through perforations and the electronics should be located outside.

I have used many times flexible metal temperature probes to record temperatures through holes, like these:

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/thermocouples/1817288/

There are some specialty devices that will definitely survive at that temperature, they typically work by insulating the electronics from the surrounding heat. Which is why it's all about how long you need the device to be exposed to the environment.

Thanks for all your ideas . I love the Fluke DataPaq option . What is the rough price of the TP3116 10 Channel ?

"We use Datapaq Oven Trackers for validating temperatures of paint curing ovens. Datapaq is now part of Fluke Process Instruments. A quick check of their website shows that they have a Specialty Kiln Tracker version capable of 1200 degrees F."

Thanks again

There are some specialty devices that will definitely survive at that temperature, they typically work by insulating the electronics from the surrounding heat. Which is why it's all about how long you need the device to be exposed to the environment.

I had seen electronics inside very isolated boxes between the wheels of tunnel kiln cars, inside the kiln it reached about 1100C and between the wheels up to 250C but always probes going through holes in the wagon refractory.

I haven't purchased a Datapaq in many, many years, so my ballpark pricing would be way off. As I recall, there is a a flat rate for the hardware and they had a service plan to keep the units calibrated and get updated software. Contact Fluke for pricing. Let us know what system you end up with.

What type of equipment?
Ideally you would use a thermocouple, Type "K" for instance, It would have a Tyoe "K" extension wire connected to it for the rated temperature.
That extension wire would connect to your temp instrument/PLC.

Thanks for all your ideas . I love the Fluke DataPaq option . What is the rough price of the TP3116 10 Channel ?

"We use Datapaq Oven Trackers for validating temperatures of paint curing ovens. Datapaq is now part of Fluke Process Instruments. A quick check of their website shows that they have a Specialty Kiln Tracker version capable of 1200 degrees F."

Thanks again

It can vary quite a bit based on max temp, time requirements, telemetry system, etc. but you can easily be in the $15-30k range for one.

There are some I know are used in the food industry, cannot remember the name but these were used in ovens of up to 200 Deg C (390 F) and had 6 probes and could log data for at least an hour (typical cook time we used was 40 mins) these were encased in a stainless housing with some form of insulation and the probes were plug in (these were inserted into the product).
I do not work there anymore but will see if I can find the Mfr.

Very common requirement in the brick making industry. They closed the local brick works so I don't have up to date information. Did find these:
https://www.signatrol.com/products/data-logger-accessories/sl-tb-thermal-barrier
The specs are in Centigrade so you will have to convert to Fahrenheit.

Many years back when the internet was just getting going I asked NASA if we could use the same technology that they use for Shuttle Tiles, I did get a reply but everything then was still very secret.