PLC telemecanique TSX17 initializing

m_ghaff2000

hello
I am facing a problem! we have a TSX17 old telemecanique PLC on a machine
the machine was off for a several years so the PLC battery has been lost.
PLC has a eeprom .
Now I have installed a new battery but the RUN and MEM lights on PLC blink
according TSX17 Manual , memory initializing should be done
I cannot find how I can initilize the memory
I have TL7-2 DOS software but I cannot initialing procidure in this softwre
Please help me

If you power down and plug out the module you will see a switch I cannot recall how it is labelled, put to to the other position refit and and power up. If EEPROM and PLC are good it should start up.

Normally this switch is to the right(RAM) position. Move it to the EEPROM position and power up. When (if) the plc starts remove the module and put the switch to the RAM position.

Thanks for your comments
I have done both position like above photo but it was not useful!!
Both RUN and Mem is blinking as before
is it possible that the Eeprom data was lost due to several years???

what can I do?
Thanks

Last edited:
The EEprom switch must be in the Master position to get the PLC to transfer the program from the EEprom to the PLC Ram. On power up, the PLC will compare the program in the EEprom to the program in the PLC Ram. If they are different, the PLC will automatically load the program from the EEprom. If this isn't happening, there probably isn't a valid program in the EEprom.
The EEprom shouldn't loose its memory from just sitting. A voltage surge may be able to wipe out the memory.
Do you have a copy of the program in the computer? If you do, you can download it to the PLC. If not, there isn't anything you can do except rewrite the program.
I have attached a copy of the instructions for using the EEprom.

Tsx17

I have installed TL7 software under DOS and make TSX17 cable!!
the PLC now connects to PC but as attached photo there is a fault !
What is this falut??
Thakns

WhatsApp Image 2020-04-03 at 23.45.36.jpeg

Last edited:
It means the PLC is faulted. What is the status of the indicator lights on the front of the PLC? Refer to my reply on March 19, particularly this part
Do you have a copy of the program in the computer? If you do, you can download it to the PLC. If not, there isn't anything you can do except rewrite the program.