Kinetix 350 motion on board view page not comping up

ziyaddin2015

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi All, the drive was changed recently and now having issues with the servo where it acts a bit strange. I know I need perform an auto tune. I configured the static IP and was able to ping it but for somereason when typed in 192.168.1.224 get nothing. I know java 6 should up but nothing. Turned off antivirus and fire wall with no change. Attempted to use other internet browesers with no change. Why is it so hard to get it to work? Any advice is greatly appreciated. RSlogix 5000 kinetic 350. Thanks

Double-check the part number and how it is configured in Studio 5000.

kinetix 300 standalone drives used the Java application, but Kinetix 350 are solely configured and maintained inside Studio 5000.

Its been a long day. My bad. It is using Java application. The problem the Java application will not open.

Did anything at all show up in the web browser ? Do you get a Java "unable to open application" error ?

Have you browsed the device with RSLinx/RSWho to be sure it's really the Kinetix 300 at that address ? Does a ControlLogix have an active I/O connection to the servo ?

I realize you probably have, but it's worth checking.

The unfortunate fact is that lots of devices from the 10-years-ago Java applet craze are very difficult to get working with modern operating systems and Java VMs. I've run into it with Cisco, Schneider, Rockwell... all sorts.

The RA Knowledgebase suggests that there's a correlation between Kinetix 300 firmware and the maximum Java 8 version.

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1044877/loc/en_US#__highlight