How do I pass different string size to AOI?

BachPhi

I have a AOI, inside I have a 'Str_Source' declared as INOUT with STRING data type.
It works fine using the same string data type, but I want the AOI to be more generic, ie. can use different string sizes [ larger than 82].

Thanks in advance for any help.

You can create a custom string size with any number of characters.
Just set the largest size you may need.
Actual strings passed via parameters can have less than that as long as data type is the same.

A custom string is defined as being different from 82 char. I am asking to be able to use any custom string size. so your response does not really answer my question.

Just an out loud thought here but if you made a custom string that was large enough to contain the maximum amount of characters you would want, make it a parameter of your AOI but maybe a "not visible" and "not required", then maybe you could map values to is using COP external to the AOI.