Wincc fexible 2008 Sp3 on windows 8 64bits

jairus

Hello experts,

Good day to you all.

I plan to replace my laptop with HP laptop 12GB RAM, intel i7, and 1 Tb HD, 15.6" display. on sale right now in our area. What bother me is the windows 8- 64 bits operating system. I've done researched and it shows that HP don't support any driver for downgrading from windows 8. My Step 7 basic V13 is coming, and I'm glad it support windows 8. My problem is my Wincc Flexible 2008 SP3 CSA, according to my manual it support only up to windows 7 64 bits. Is there any way i can install the Wincc Flexible 2008 SP3 CSA on windows 8?

Pls. help, any advice is really appreciated. i feel really bad with microsoft, they always upgrade there OS so soon, now my automation software is getting obsolete.

Thank you...

Will you need the WinCC flex if you install TIA V13? You may need to update to V13 Comfort..

Another alternative that is mentioned a lot here is to use a virtual machine.
http://www.howtogeek.com/171395/how-to-get-windows-xp-mode-on-windows-8/

Or if you have an install for W7 laying around. :)

thank you for your reply.
All laptops now in our area are windows 8 OS. maybe i have no choice, just to use Virtual machine for all my old application.
i don't know for sure if V13 comport support the MP 277 10" touch screen.

WinCC V13 Comfort does support the older MP277 series, although you might want to check your specific part number. I don't think the support goes back forever.

It shall be interesting to see if Win 10 has better backwards compatibility with Win 7 than Win 8.
Maybe the solution will be to upgrade your laptop to Win 10 when it eventually is released.

Thank you so much for all your inputs. I only install the step 7 basic v13 to windows 8, the rest like step 7 v5.5 spx, wincc flex spx, microwind and cx-0ne to VM windows 7, i already tested all and it's working very well. :)

I have installed wincc flexible 2008 sp3 on a win8 64bit, I was a bit tricky though. But it work like a charm now

Hi!

I don't quite remember but I know it was something like this:

When you try to install WinCC Flexible 2008 on a Windows 8 machine the install will tell you that some files are missing or are corrupt. So I seached for these files on the internet (I think I searched for windows 7 versions of the files) and added/installed them on my laptop. After a few tries it worked. Sorry I can't be more specific

/Tim

@JesperMP
I think SP3 is the last one offering the Protool conversion..

@Guenidi, welcome to the forum! I would recommend using a VM with windows 7 (or XP even). VirtualBox is a free VM, you can find a Windows license on ebay for a couple of bucks.

As I said above I can't remember how I got it installed. I had to do some google search for specific files that where missing. It's stated when you try to install it