Ignition: String vs Text?

AustralIan

So in Ignition I can make a Tag have a datatype String, or a datatype Text. I poked around in the docs and couldn't find an explanation for the differences. So I can use either one, but my question is probably, who would win in a fight? If I come across a Text, should I do anything differently with it?

No idea with Ignition but generally the difference between Text and String is that the first byte of a String gives you the length. A Siemens string is a bit different, the first byte is the maximum length and the second byte is the current length.

Similar Topics

Hello all, I am looking into Iginition's manual of the Siemens Driver and I understand there is no way to read unicode strings from the PLC -...
Replies
Views
Could somebody please point me in the right direction? I'm trying to incorporate a table into each motor's faceplate. It's a simple, two...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have questions. I have Analog Input that need to put into Ignition Designer. But I don't know how to put?
Replies
Views
Hey guys. We've been learning Ignition and going through all the courses on Inductive University. I really like the software and the things you...
Replies
Views
Hardware: 5069-L320ERMS2 Software: Logix Designer 35.11 / Ignition 8.1 Issue: When attempting to write to the tag "HMI_DRV200_DynamicTrim" in...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom