Looking for a Scale with Parameters ( SCLP ) in RS Logix 5000 and cannot find ?

Thanks ,

Yes , I downloaded the Add On Instruction , and imported it into the Add On Instruction Folder. I guess Add On Instructions have their own Sub-Routines ? It created a rung with 2- CPT's in them with their destinations being Rate and Output . I thought I would get a SCLP instruction that I could create my tags , min and max , etc.

Do I need to create tags and overwrite the ones in the CPT's ? I'm sorry. I thought it would be " cut and dry "

You can drag the AOI from the sidebar into a normal rung, or find the "Add-On" tab above the ladder editor. What you saw with the 2 CPT instructions was the internal logic of the AOI. Widelto's screenshot shows how the AOI looks when you drop it into a rung.

EDIT: Just for clarification, you would click and drag the "SCP" with the + next to it under the Add-On Instructions in the sidebar in Widelto's screenshot into your ladder.

Last edited:
That's exactly where I want to be , I just can't get there :( . I have a laptop that has full edition . I use the one with RS Logix 5000 Standard , that I take home and use . If I use that , I should be able to create a Sub Routine in Function Block , and be able to use a straight SCLP , and be done with it . I took notice there are 2 different funtion block sub-routines . Which one would I use , or it doesen't matter ? Also , I can still go online with RS Logix 5000- Standard , and still see that Function Block and SCLP ? If not , I can still see the values , correct ?

Thanks again for all your help.

My Goodness . I never dreamed you could drag that over like that. Man , I got so much to learn.

Thanks again,

No problem, I only just learned how to use AOIs myself in the last couple weeks (shame on me, I know). Let us know if you run into any issues and I'm sure someone will know the answer.