3 Atlas Copco Air compressors- M580 PLC

akash11132

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi All,

I am programming M580 PLC to start/stop 3 Atlas copco Air compressors (2 duty/1 standby) remotely via master regulator ES4i. All 3 air comprssors are connected to the master controller ES4i module.

I have planned to use 2 Digital Outputs(1 for remote start/ 1 for remote stop) to control master regulator ES4i module. The ES4i master module does the duty cycling between compressors. There are 15 Digital Inputs( 5 DI for each compressor) that are to be extracted from the master regulator ES4i module to the M580 PLC.

Has anyone done similar kind of comms between PLC and Atlas Copco air compressor. If so, what would be the ideal Comm protocol to be used for this set up. Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Akash