[Beckhoff - TwinCAT3] How to get used system resources ?

AndreLuis

Hello,

I would like to know if anyone can tell which Library under Twincat3 (VisualStudio IDE) is assigned to get runtime information about free RAM amount/percentage of the PLC is available as well as the CPU core percentage processing. I searched on the manufacturer's website but did not find anything.

Thanks in advance.

What system are you using? Embedded PC or Industrial PC? You should start with this

https://download.beckhoff.com/download/document/ipc/industrial-pc/ipc_diagnostics_en.pdf

if you are using IPC. If that is not the case, I don't know what options you have for Embedded system.

Bear in mind that not all parameters that are available for fetching through function blocks can be read, it depends on motherboard type that particular IPC is using.
I have used these FB's successfully for reading out IPC CPU usage, if you need further help - feel free to ask.

Last edited: