RSLOGIX Emulate 5000 Standalone?

OffByOneEra

We’re looking to setup a stand-alone training station with FT View and a connection to a simulated plant system which would match the RSLOGIX 5000 setup physically installed in the field. It’s looking like running our existing PLC project in Emulate 5000 and tweaking some of the ways that data comes in would be the easiest way to setup something like this.

My biggest question is whether Emulate 5000 is something that could be setup on a computer with the full RSLOGIX STUDIO 5000 setup and then deployed by itself in a standalone fashion on a workstation or if we need another full install of RSLOGIX Studio 5000 on the training workstation to get it all up and running?

This must be a fairly common situation so I’d be interested in hearing if there are any better ways to get a simulated/training environment setup to match an existing FT HMI install.

I believe Rockwell uses the emulate software paired with VMWare at tech-ed, which behaves exactly like being hooked to a real plant system. I would contact the nearest Rockwell distributor and tell them what your goals are in detail. They should be able to guide you in the right direction.

RSLogix 5000 Emulates behaves like a complete package, so you can create programs with your existing software and drop it on there. They are essentially "virtual" PLCs which need to have a program loaded onto them and can be gone online with just like the real ones.

You'd need an Emulate License for this.

Cheers,
Vlad