String Input Enable in ME

I doubt that's a question anyone could answer on the forum... v10 is still relatively new.

Shouldn't hurt anything to try it, and let us know what happens. I'm also using v10, but most of the PVs in my plant are still running 5.10. I haven't noticed any issues like this one.

What if I were to install the roll up patch on my computer but leave the PV as version 8.1.....

Would this allow the string tag to function as desired or does the CE patch need to be applied to the Panel View(s) as well.

Thanks

The bug is in FactoryTalk Linx (formerly RSLinx Enterprise), so it needs to be applied to a computer running version 10 or a PanelView running version 10.

Regardless of the MER version, if the firmware in the PanelView is still 10, the patch would still need to be applied to the PanelView.

Also, I should note, that the bug on the development computer only impacts test running the application on the development computer. Leaving the development computer unpatched will not cause any problems with the MER since the problem is in the communications driver, not the application itself.