Enclosure Pricing

JKirtos734

In general, steel enclosures has anyone done price comparison between say Rittal, Hoffman and Hammond. If price was the driving force, who's cheapest?

Probably depends on who your supplier is and your multiplier so let us know what you come up with.
Don’t forget Saginaw.

Check out Weigeman sold through Automation Direct. Very good pricing and often free shipping.

If you have enough volume or get on their special pricing agreement Hoffman will beat the weigman prices through AD. We used to buy these but switched back to hoffman when they started beating their prices.

Another thing to consider is lead time. Hoffman has been all over the map this year on delivery, can cause alot of headache on a system that gets built in 8 weeks or less.

I have been happy with hammond. I have found them to be cheaper than hoffman for the most part. I am sure Saginaw is cheaper but my experience is that their quality leaves alot to be desired.

Eldon enclosures are a Rittal clone but are less expensive. I also use Saginaw for NEMA 4 and 12. I haven't had any quality issues with either brand. Factorymation sells both of them.

For steel enclosures esp. in Ohio I would recommend Saginaw they have very good prices, good quality, and large selection of enclosures. A lot of the sizes are interchangeable with Hoffman. I have had them do custom hold patters for less than a Hoffman w/o holes.
No - I do not work for them or get a kick back - just sharing my experience.

With Hoffman, it will depend on your distributor and the volume. Saginaw has great pricing and unlike what a previous poster stated, I have never had a problem with their quality. My biggest frustration with them is that you have to specify if you want a white interior. If you don't, it comes gray just like the exterior.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, much appreciated have some calls/emails out. I had not heard of Eldon before and never would have thought of Automation Direct for enclosures. Totally forgot about Saginaw too.

Probably depends on who your supplier is and your multiplier so let us know what you come up with.
Don’t forget Saginaw.

This, 100%.

Stupid, but I can buy a Hoffman stainless steel enclosure from my primary distributor for about half the cost of the identical Hubbell from Automation Direct, because the local distributor gives a fantastic multiplier. This is for one-off things, I don't buy a lot of enclosures.

Talk to your distributors, negotiate your multipliers.

Just throwing it out there....

There's a newer brand Haewa or "Häwa" that I've used a couple times with good results.

Comparable to Hoffman/Hubbell I think the pricing I got was better, and they have a facility near Atlanta I believe, so local is usually preferable for me.

Do you consider Saginaw or Hoffman an OEM?

Sorry, couldn't help myself. I'll return to my corner.

We gwt some of our floor stand enclosures made by our custom sheet metal supplier. They come out great with laser cut connectors , if we specify them. Seems at least 25 percent cheaper than if I were to purchase from a supplier...somehow.
Maybe find a company that has made enclosures before and can get them certified.
Although we do alot of sheet metal work with them too, so I'm sure we get a pretty descent deal.

Ended up going with Saginaw, they were a little bit cheaper than Weigmann was thru Automation Direct. Weigmann substantially cheaper than Hoffman. Price difference between a local distributor and Automation Direct was insane. Over 1/3 higher. A little discouraging when my local distributor wants more of my business.