Using Studio 5000 Emulator with a virtual HMI

Shane.platt

Hello All!!
Sorry, the topic was a mistake I meant to say with a physical HMI!
I have seen this question asked elsewhere, but I can't find the post anymore. I have a Automation Direct EA9-T7CL-R HMI with a Ethernet connection. I was hoping I could use the HMI to interact with a Studio 5000 Emulator program running on my pc on the same network as the HMI.

I have been just forcing bits and manually adding values for DINT and Real inputs. But it would be a lot easier to use the hmi. Any suggestions???

Have a great New Year!!!

S

Last edited:
Hi Shane.

Unfortunatley no- I dont think you can do this, however this sort of functionality is available with the SoftLogix platforms.

Regards

Daniel.

Not with a cmore. You can use emulate with FTView. I've used emulate with AdvancedHMI, using opc though. I'm sure emulate would work with anything that supports opc.

Thank you Daniel and Phrog for the quick replies! I am going to research the SoftLogix and AdvancedHMI to see if I can make some headway on this.