Siemens Time Of Day Capture

exiled

Hi Guys,
Happy New Year to you all. Hope you've all had a Great one.

I have a Home automation project which works well. Only I now want to capture the plc time and date when a certain function starts i.e Water Change Running.

See image attachment
I just cant seem to get this working correctly. Basically what I'm trying to do is when Water Change Running is triggered, I want to capture the plc time n date and display this on the hmi.

Ive never used the TOD function in any projects before. So any advice is more than welcome

The hardware im using is

Water Changes.JPG Garage Hardwre.JPG

From your description your have some functionality - what exactly is not working?

For example, is the call to SFC1 returning an error code, or is the date and time in the plc but not displaying on the HMI, or are you trying to monitor the date and time in a DB but not seeing the date and time change.......

Here's an example that puts the current date and time into a DB.
Note that you cannot monitor a DT variable in a DB so to "see" the value you have to wait until you have called SFC1 then open the DB from the online folder - the date and time will be shown then but will not update if you monitor. Alternatively you could set up a VAT table and monitor each byte of the DT variable.

dt5.jpg

L D[AR2,P#0.0] Excellent response. you hit the mark on your first post. That's the problem I was jus not seeing the TOD Change. I was just writing you a reply with some screenshots but the damn pc crashed :cry: