Changing profibus configuration according program

Nepiter

Maybe there is some easy solution, but I can't figure out how it should be done..
Actually, I don't even know how I can clearly explain what I need to solve. o_O

I should somehow change profibus-DP configuration from s7- program, depending which tools are currently needed in production..

There is 4 fanuc robots configured to profibus.
Robots have different grippers, and different grippers have different profibus- setup..
This is why I should somehow change profibus- configuration, depending installed gripper.

Any ideas (If someone understood..)? :unsure:

Hi Nepiter.

There is a solution I am aware of- when a field slave is disturbed, the operating system will call the relevant OB and display the BUSxF LED.

However; if you intend to disconnect a DP Slave (like a remote IO board or a robot tool for example). You can use SFC12 to tell the operating system which relvant node is being connected/ disconnected beforehand. This basically tells the operating system to ignore the respective node.

However; you must have every instance of tooling declared in your HWConfig.

If you are using 1 Profibus Address for all 4 tools- you may need to create 4 DP Slaves and disable 3/ enable 1 per setup. You could copy the I/Q's to the relevant tool DB from there.

If you have 4 different configs for your tools (lets say node 10,11,12,13), you could write an FC to call a connect or disconnect and pass in the relevant node number, then just call these blocks if they are required and nest in your OB1.

One other thing I would consider is what happens when OB100 is called (ie are the slave requests saved), I suspect not. So on the rising edge of OB100 you may need to reinitialize the requests.

See here
https://support.industry.siemens.co...-sfc12-several-times/44562?page=0&pageSize=10

The good news is you can call SFC12 multiple times- however you are restricted to 4 nodes per DP Network.

Regards

Daniel

Last edited:
Hi Nepiter.

There is a solution I am aware of- when a field slave is disturbed, the operating system will call the relevant OB and display the BUSxF LED.

The good news is you can call SFC12 multiple times- however you are restricted to 4 nodes per DP Network.

Regards

Daniel

Many, many thanks Daniel! 🍻
I have got it solved with Your tips and SFC12! :site: