AssetCentre Backup and Compare Causing Communication Issues?

jrsnydley

Hello everybody,

I have a PanelView Plus 700 that has been running the same application for years. It is running on firmware version 5.00. Yesterday, I was out of the plant and received a call that the PanelView was not communicating to the rest of the network. They tried unplugging the Ethernet cable and plugging it back in which, not surprisingly, did not work. It was only able to communicate again with a power cycle.

Around the time it lost communication, AssetCentre was running a backup and compare schedule for that PanelView. Is it possible that this was the cause of the issue? It just seems too coincidental that the PanelView would stop communicating in the middle of a shift and AssetCentre just happened to trying to backup and compare at the same time.

I don't want to assume that the PanelView is failing and swap it out if there is nothing wrong with it.