Pro face screens(Gp series)

Jezz

Hi All,
Anoyone know if it's possible to animate items on GP series screens and if it is how to do it.

Jezz :)
[rainbow] :) Heinz :) [/rainbow]

That question is almost in the same family as "How to program a PLC".

You have the software and the manual?

Generally:

- Parts is predefined object with functions, like switches, lamps, graph, keypad, different type of displays etc etc

- Tags is functions without predefined drawings/object. Pop Up Window, Rail, graph, touch button ++ many types of animation.

- Script is ... script. If then else. Most logic, but there are drawing commands also.

Read The Fine Manual!

Regards

We have the demo software and no manual and are just evaluating the possibility of using these screens on site .What I need to know is can I get things to move on the screen or just change colour?

Thanks Jezz

Yes you can do a lot more than changing colour: Moving object around the screen, changing image/pictures etc etc is no problem.

Proface is the panel with best animation functionality, that I have used.
(If communication is the issue, like e-mail, ftp, dual ports, internet etc etc, then (IMHO) E-panel from Beijer is the winner)

But Proface isn't the easiest panel that I have used. Mainly because of all the functions etc.

It can be a problem looking at a advanced application and understand what it does... You may have to download the appl to a panel to see what is does

my [attachment]

Check the manuals regarding "Parts" and "Tag": http://www.pro-face.com/support/manual/manual_index.htm

2twocents.gif