SLC 500 5/03 is not Resetting to Factory Default

nikhilbcs

Dear All experts,
I have one old PLC Rockwell SLC 500 5/03 and its serial port (RS232) port is not responding on RS232 DF1 driver.
I dont have any supporting gateway or module to communicate on DH485.

I have seen there is one method to make PLC reset to default but i tried it too many time which is not resetting it to default.

Can someone tell me is there any other way to reset SLC 500 5/03 to factory default.:mad:

I have had trouble with some in the past and had to take them back to my office and short them good with a copper wire for more than 60 seconds.

Yes it was disconnected for long time. But when i see there is some program working on it. I.e when i put the key in "Run mode" 1 output is getting on and off indicating program is in RUN mode. And having No fault status and Fault battery status .. I repeat it around 10 time but still program is running...

I have had trouble with some in the past and had to take them back to my office and short them good with a copper wire for more than 60 seconds.

What is the step after doing short.
What i did is
1. Short for 60 Sec
2. then connected my processor
3. then battery
4. then powered it on.

This should be work??:confused:

Is your battery disconnected!!! Do it for longer, some times it takes minutes.

It will work!

Yes it was disconnected for long time. But when i see there is some program working on it. I.e when i put the key in "Run mode" 1 output is getting on and off indicating program is in RUN mode. And having No fault status and Fault battery status .. I repeat it around 10 time but still program is running...

Im not sure what the default would be on the 503, could it possibly be set to load from eeprom on boot fault.

I dont see any mention of memory module in the manual under restoring to default