Omron NJ to CJ CIP messaging

casistoica

Hello,
Wondering if anybody here has done CIP messaging between NJ and CJ controllers. I checked a bunch of manuals but they are pretty vague and I can't seem to be able to figure it out.
I tried CIPRead, CIPWrite, CIPUCMMRead and CIPUCMMWrite but I always get ErrorID 1C00 and ErrorIDEx 05000000.
I'm guessing it has to do with addressing the memory on the CJ, which I'm not very familiar with.
Some help would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

Thanks Luigi,

This document is good to learn how to use Tag Data Links, which I've done in the past. The problem with it is that data is being sent back and forth all the time. I have a lot of machines and a lot of data to exchange so I wanna switch to messaging which sends/receives data on demand only so the network doesn't get crammed. NJ PLC have these instructions I listed but couldn't get any to work. I even called Omron support and the tech couldn't help :Do_O

You can use standard FINS with the NJ, it is just not documented anywhere.
There are SEND/RECV the same as what the CJ has. If you have done that in the CJ, then you should be able to work it out.
If not, let me know & I’ll send/post an example.

You can use standard FINS with the NJ, it is just not documented anywhere.
There are SEND/RECV the same as what the CJ has. If you have done that in the CJ, then you should be able to work it out.
If not, let me know & I’ll send/post an example.

Hey,
No I haven't done it with the CJ. I'm not very familiar with CJs, I kinda jumped straight into the new NJ/NX Omron controllers.

Can you please send me those examples?