Transfering program to TP 170A

johnny smythe

Iam having problems transfering program from my laptop to a tp170a HMI
The laptop is running winccflex compact ,over rs232 cable .
But when i try to transfer i get an error message
"Wrong vershion ,change either the hmi vershion or the program vershion.HELP PLEASE

I remember we had this fault some time ago. It has something to do with the version of Windows CE that is on the panel. The project you are trying to download has been created in a later version (or something like that)

From memory you need to run a program called (believe it or not) "wipeout.exe" which is on the Siemens MicroWin CD. This will take the firmware back to default and then you should be able to update the firmware and then download the project.

Good luck,

Dave

Thank dave

You know method for update firmware of TP170A and S7-300 CPU?. I must buy new firmware and use special device?
Thanks

Huynt, it's been a long time but from memory all you need to upgrade the firmware in the S7-300 is the standard download cable. There's a button in Step7 (somewhere) that starts the process, providing you have the updated firmware file.

I think the TP170 method is what I described above, but I'm not exactly sure.

Have a look at www.ad.siemens.de and drill down in the support pages.

Good luck

TP 170a download problem

Thanks Dave pointed me in the right direction,
Found in wincc flex 2005 compact under the
PROJECT TAB/
TRANSFER/
OS UPDATE/
Click OS UPDATE , wincc flex will update the panels operating system over the rs232 cable.
This fixed it for me.
Johnny Smythe