Panel View Plus (MINUS???)

EKSwaim

I have an AB system with a Control Logix5000 series processor and a PanelView Plus 700 HMI. They are interconnected through Ethernet.

My problem is after I create a .MER file from the RSView Studio software on my PC and try to download via ethernet I get "Transfer failed due to CIP general status 0x01 extended status 0x0204". I do not know what this is trying to tell me. I have disabled all other When I look at the applications that are loaded on the PV I can see the file I just downloaded but it will not run. Any suggestions?

I think I've seen this before.... it's a timeout that happens right at the end of the download process, isn't it ?

The error code is an a generic CIP error code, where 0x01 is a connection manager error and 0x0204 is a timeout.

Check any firewall or VPN software you might be using, including the Windows XP SP2 firewall and CheckPoint SecureRemote. I've seen both of those interfere with RSLinx Enterprise.

I load most of my PanelView terminals via CompactFlash cards. That's the quickest way to get up and running while you troubleshoot this issue.

Anyone ever solve this issue? Im getting it as well on a PV+ 400. The PV shows up in the rslinx enterprise browser, and I can ping the PV. Im using the transfer untility. Any Suggestions?

matt

Nevermind, IP Conflict. I guess thats a general timeout error. Thanks anyways

Last edited:
I just experienced the same problem with the exxact same fault numbers: Here's what I did to resolve this problem: Are you ready............

Cycled power to the Panel View Plus - that took care of it.đź“š