Unable to recreate project from upload file??

CNorris318

Hello all,

I am trying to save a program from a HMI (GP577R-SC11) to QuickDesigner 3.70 and I get an error message at the VERY end saying it's "Unable to recreate a project from the upload file."
What on Earth would cause this??
It would be nice to have an error code to be able to inquire about.

The causes are too numerous to list (or to error trap).
Likely that the download or upload was corrupted or maybe the original was never even loaded to that unit and the software is trying to lead you into a false sense of hope? Programmers are like that.
Or it may be that the unit was loaded with an older version of QD like one of the QD 2.x or maybe 'Prosoft' as then QD 3.x may not be able to read it? If this is the case uploading with QD 2.x then export the .prj file to import into QD 3.7 or PME.

The files that QD or PME can upload from these are not the same files that run on the unit but a type of 'backup' stored in the units memory.

Last edited:
The causes are too numerous to list (or to error trap).
Likely that the download or upload was corrupted or maybe the original was never even loaded to that unit and the software is trying to lead you into a false sense of hope? Programmers are like that.
Or it may be that the unit was loaded with an older version of QD like one of the QD 2.x or maybe 'Prosoft' as then QD 3.x may not be able to read it? If this is the case uploading with QD 2.x then export the .prj file to import into QD 3.7 or PME.

The files that QD or PME can upload from these are not the same files that run on the unit but a type of 'backup' stored in the units memory.

Do you have a 2.x version of QD you can attach for download?

Do you have a 2.x version of QD you can attach for download?

I used to. I can search some archives tomorrow but I can't put it in the public domain so send me an e-mail address via PM and I'll send a link if I can locate it. (No warranty implied) ;-)

Hello,

Same problem. I'm trying to save program from TCP QPI21100S2P to QuickDesigner 3.7(sp4) and too I get an error "Unable to recreate a project from the upload file."
Can you help me find the QD 2.x version?

Thank you!

101593951b15.jpg

46c2596733f9.jpg

If the "Store Project in Panel" setting (or similar text, I can't remember the exact name of it) is not checked when downloaded to the panel, then you cannot upload the project from the panel. You need the original file.

This is very bad news, we don't have original file.
Thank you!

If the "Store Project in Panel" setting (or similar text, I can't remember the exact name of it) is not checked when downloaded to the panel, then you cannot upload the project from the panel. You need the original file.

He would not have seen "upload complete" if this was the case. Instead there would be an error that a project could not be found. Worst case here would be that the file in the panel is corrupt.

He would not have seen "upload complete" if this was the case. Instead there would be an error that a project could not be found. Worst case here would be that the file in the panel is corrupt.
So there is still a chance that the old version QuickDesigner can help?