Mitsubishi FX3G

jthornton

What cable do I need to connect to a Mitsubishi FX3G?

Which program do I need to use, I have the IQ Works package which contains several different programs.
MELSOFT
CW Configurator
GX Works 2
GX Works 3
Melsoft IQ Works
MR Configurator 2
MT Works 2
MELSOFT Application
GX Developer
MELSOFT Navigator

I also need to communicate and suck the program off of a Mitsubishi touch screen A970G0T-SBA-EU so any info on that would be a big help.

Thanks
JT

Thanks, at least I have a starting point. I did see some mention of a USB port on the FX3G but could not find one. I got a cable for AB from plccable.com before.

JT

Any USB to mini cable will do for communicating with the FX3G, but I would recommend using GX Works 2 instead of GX developer. Both work, but GX Works is newer.

For the HMI that is an obsolete part number and will require GT Designer 2 Classic software. If you have a GT Designer 3 disk (current version) there is usually a file hidden deep in the CD named GT2Classic. You will need to install this.

Thanks, where is the USB socket on the FX3G?

I just need to suck the program out of the HMI so I can see what tags they used, I'm replacing it with a C more HMI.

JT

The USB plug should be under a cover on the LH side of the unit (at least on the ones I have that's the way it is) below the RS422 round connector.

Thanks I'll have a look see in the morning. Now I have to remember RH and above the RS422 round connector as it is upside down on the bench :)

Edit: I just looked at the photo I took and sure enough under the round connector is a USB.

JT

Any USB to mini cable will do for communicating with the FX3G, but I would recommend using GX Works 2 instead of GX developer. Both work, but GX Works is newer.

For the HMI that is an obsolete part number and will require GT Designer 2 Classic software. If you have a GT Designer 3 disk (current version) there is usually a file hidden deep in the CD named GT2Classic. You will need to install this.

If you have the Mitsu master software license and an account you can also download GTD2 from their website.

Any particular reason for migrating to the C-More besides cost? The newer GOT's are pretty slick. Then again, I do a lot of PanelViews, it doesn't take much user friendliness to impress me. :rolleyes:

If you have the Mitsu master software license and an account you can also download GTD2 from their website.

Any particular reason for migrating to the C-More besides cost? The newer GOT's are pretty slick. Then again, I do a lot of PanelViews, it doesn't take much user friendliness to impress me. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure what I have software wise except it had 4 DVD's in the package and it took 2 hours to install on my laptop. Just got the software yesterday so watching some videos on it to get a head start.

Yea, the C More is $1000 less than the Mitsubishi HMI.

JT

I Searched the 4 DVD disks that came with IQ-WorksC1 Version 2.22Y for a file named gt2classic but came up empty handed. Is there a place to down load that from?

Edit: I finally figured out I had to go through each DVD disk directory and start the setup.exe to figure out what it was. Found it in DVD #2 disk6.

JT

Last edited:
I don't believe it freeware yet so you would have to contact your distributor if you can't find a GT designer 2 (old version) or GT Designer 3 disk (current software that has the old GT designer classic software included).