Communicating Siemens S7300, S7400

micromax

I would like to communicate with Simens S7300, S7400 using Visual Basic. I want to know any other possiblity except OPC to communicate the same.

There is Prodave MPI from Siemens. This is a dll type library, I don't know if it will work with VB.

B-plus makes an activeX library for € 2500.

Deltalogic makes ACCON AG-Link S7. This is a dll type library, stated to work with VB.

MHJ software makes an MPI driver dll library, stated to work with VB.

this should give you something to get started with ;)

Here is a "Native" TCP connection and the source for VB that will allow you to communicate to a CP343-1 or CP443-1 ethernet processor. It works quite well. I use it for demos and it will work over the internet. It's a free-be, knock yourself out.