Modicon TSX Micro networking????

Happeeman

What is the best way to network these guys? I have 2 of them and have thought considerably on putting them on ENET. Are they capable of doing it? Is there a product that will allow me to access the controller from the internet remotely? Is it possible to setup an FTP site with security that will enable me to do this? Just thought I'd ask you all before a get the Schnider rep in and try to sell me on some hullabaloo that will not facilitate expandble upgading. BTW I'm using PL7 3.4 that will allow me to have some of the higher level supervisors use the Runtime function as my HMI trouble shooter etc.

One option you have is through FIPWAY. This is a pretty common protcol used to link TSX products together. You should visit there web site for any information you need and then discuss any concerns with one of there application engineers.

Schneider Electric now has an Ethernet TCP/IP interface for the TSX Micro. It is a stand-alone module which includes the cable for connection to the PLC programming port. Go to http://www.modicon.com and search for TSXETZ410. They also offer a web server version which has 8MB flash for HTML pages and JAVA applets.