SICK Flexi Soft - a wird bit

JohanM

Hi guys.

Have someone experience with SICK Flexi Soft programmable safety controller?

I have little problem. I have this configuration: Flexi Soft CPU0 (FX3-CPU000000) fw. v3.0.03.0 and ethernet gateway FX0-GENT00000 fw. v2.05.0.

I have AB CompacLogix L24ER-QB1B and I communicate with that safety controller. On the PLC side I'am setting output bits for safety controller. On the SICK side I see these bits (their states 0/1).

Problem is with first bit in first word of data, which I am reading. If I set this bit to "true", on SICK side is in "true". When I reset it to "zero" on PLC side, on SICK side it stay in "true" until I change some another bit from this word.

Problem is only with this one bit.. Other bits in this first word "works" normal. Also bits from another words, which I am sending..

On PLC side I dont use that first bit in sw. I just set him in Tag monitor. I have only working hw configuration, no logic.

Have someone some sugestion? :confused:

Sorry for my english :)

Last edited:
We have experienced the same issue, but only in 1 of 4 controllers. Were you able to resolve this issue?

Called SICK- KNOWN BUG - Still not fixed.
Use another word, don't use the first word

Thank you for reply. I also used another word and its works fine. Next I had another problem with Sick Ethernet/IP Gateway. It was not able to start communicate with PLC after power cycle. It stuck in some state without possibility to ping it or something. We have to change that gateway with another piece.