PLC program for conveyor having auto and manual

rnstnt

Hey I am having issues witb this project im working on and I seem to have trouble on how to approach the objective can someone assist me please

You're going to have to describe the problem you are having, specify which PLC, which HMI, sensors, encoders, etc.

Best if you ZIP your project you have so we can see what might be going on.

Unless this is a leader for an advertisement/plug response from someone else at your company. That happens too much here.

I would start going through each requirement stated, writing a single line of code that will accomplish that. At the end of each line turn on a "Call For That Conveyor Bit" You may have more than one line calling for a conveyor section, so use different bits for each call. After all the calls for section 1 are written then check if any calls for it are on and turn on that section.

Break it down to simple, specific steps and comment everything you are doing and why you did something that might be different, strange, weird or otherwise unusual.

Then, when you think you are done go through it line by line looking for problems or ways to make it simpler.

To start set the automatic running.

LD AUTO SSW
AND START PB ;Switch in Auto and the Start button is pressed
OR RUNNING BIT ;Keep it on if on
AND STOP PB ;should be N.C., unit will stop if opened
OUT RUNNING BIT ;Now the unit is running in auto, check this bit for the rest of the auto operations

Then program each specific operation for moving the sections in auto and manual

before I can even attempt to give you an answer, you need to tell us what you have?
what type of conveyor?
monorail, power and free, inverted power and free, chain driven live roller with accumulation zones, belt driven, clutch driven.
what type of stops.
any transfers?
weight of the load?
length of conveyor sections?

the list of conveyor questions are endless.

james

James,

All of your questions are answered with "Whatever I decide it will be"

The attached Word document is a homework assignment.

Let's begin.
1 write down your scope of work, what is it that you need.
2. write a sequence of events in general terms.
3. review your notes.
4. write down your I/o.
5. review your notes.
6. rewrite your sequence and this time add the sensors and motors.
in this step, you are the operator and also the plc looking for the I/o to be made.

this is the starting point for all projects.

Another approach that I have seen, is to start with your outputs and work backwards adding inputs that will cause or prevent your output from resolving as true.

As a general rule here on this forum, if you are looking for help with homework, the kind folk here will only put in as much effort as you do, and just attaching a Word doc is seen as the height of low effort. Hence a few of the snarky responses. So my advice to you is to take step one of your Word doc, and turn that into PLC code. Don't worry about anything else, just get step one to function correctly. If you have trouble getting through step one, then come on back and post the code you have, and describe what is tripping you up. Also be sure to include the brand and model of your PLC. That will get you advice that applies directly to what you are trying to accomplish. If you can show real effort, the good people here will fall all over themselves trying to help you. And what they can teach you is far more useful and valuable than what you will learn in your current class.

Now lets see what you can do.